Coronavirus COVID-19 Report
From our newsroom...
Last updated: Saturday, April 4, 2020
(click the refresh/reload button in your browser to get updated information)
Many municipalities in Grey Bruce have taken steps to cancel programming, as well as close public facilities, such as arenas, pools and libraries, as precautions to limit the potential spread of COVID-19.
- The Province has ordered the closure of all outdoor recreation amenities in Ontario. This includes beaches, playgrounds, dog parks, sports fields, and all communal or shared, public or private outdoor recreational amenities.
- LCBO is now closed Mondays and open 11-6 on other days.
- All non-essential businesses are to close at 11:59 p.m. March 24th.
- Restaurant and bar dining rooms are to close. Takeout and delivery can be offered.
- All events or gatherings of over 50 people are not be permitted.
- All public libraries, schools, and daycares will remain closed.
- All theatres and concerts are to be closed or cancelled effective immediately.
- All public Ontario Parks buildings, such as visitor centres, will be closed as well.
- GBHS is taking steps to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and now will not permit visitors to its six area hospitals.
- Exceptions will be made for compassionate reasons, on a case-by-case basis for Women and Child Care Unit/Labor and Delivery and palliative care Critical Care.
- Visitor restrictions now in place at all South Bruce Grey Heath Centre sites.
- All non-essential visitors are being asked to refrain from visiting the hospital.
- Hanover and District Hospital is limiting and screening visitors. 1 visitor per patient.
- All non-essential and elective dental treatments are suspended for all dental offices in Ontario.
- The Owen Sound Family Health Team will conduct appointments by phone. Patients should not attend the clinic, but instead wait for a call from their doctor or nurse.
The Grey Bruce Health Unit is cancelling all clinical services until further notice. Clinics and services include:dental services in Owen Sound, Markdale, Walkerton and Wiarton
Sexual health clinics in Walkerton and Owen Sound
Immunization services in Owen Sound, Walkerton and Saugeen Shores.
All Needle Exchange and Naloxone services provided at Grey Bruce Health Unit site 101 17th Street East, Owen Sound, will remain open 8:30-4:30, Monday to Friday.
- Owen Sound has closed all of its public boat launches until further notice.
- All City owned Park Playground Structures are closed.
- The Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre and Julie McArthur Regional Recreation is closed to all ice rentals, public skating and walking track users (Bayshore).
- The YMCA Health, Fitness and Aquatics Facility is closed until further notice.
- The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce will close its Early Learning Centres and March Break Day Camp effective 6p.m. March 16th.
- The Bluewater Curling Club is closed for the season.
- The Owen Sound Farmers Market is closed.
- The Owen Sound & North Grey Union Public library is now closed until further notice.
- City Hall is now closed to the public until further notice.
- All city council and committee meetings are cancelled effective March 18.
- The Roxy Theatre in Owen Sound is closed indefinitely. All performances postponed until April 15, those planned after still scheduled to continue as planned.
- The Owen Sound Fire Department is staffed 24/7 but will is not open to visitors at this time
- Keystone Child and Family Services is closed to public access. Staff remain available to counsel. They are continuing to provide all services digitally or through telephone. They are also accepting new referrals by telephone.
- All Township facilities are closed to the public, including Township Administrative Offices in Springmount.
- Council and committee meetings are cancelled.
- Shallow Lake and District Community Centre including Shallow Lake Arena and Community Hall and Meeting Room, Derby Community Centre including Kilsyth Arena and Pioneer Hall and Kemble Arena are closed.
- All Township of Chatsworth recreation facilities are closed until further notice. This consists of all arenas, curling clubs, community halls, and town run facilities.
- All programming, both municipally run and third party rentals within these facilities are also cancelled.
- Further, the Municipal Office will be closed to the public.
- All council and committee meetings until further notice.
- West Grey has declared a state of emergency.
- All municipal facilities are closed until further notice (all arenas, community centres, halls, library branches and the municipal administration building)
- All recreational programming is suspended at this time.
- All council meetings and municipal events are cancelled.
- The P & H Centre is closed until further notice and all registered and drop-in programs, and facility rentals are cancelled. All March Break camps, public skates, drop-in skating, third-party ice and facility rentals, aquatic centre programming and walking track are closed.
- All scheduled rentals and events at Hanover Community Theatre have been suspended.
- All scheduled rentals cancelled at Hanover Civic Centre.
- All schedule programming suspended at Hanover Public Libary and it will not be open to the public.
- Declared state of emergency for the Town of The Blue Mountains.
- Blue Mountain Resort is Closed.
- The Town of The Blue Mountains has suspended all recreational activities at the Beaver Valley Community Centre, Craigleith Small Hall and Ravenna Hall, effective immediately.
- The Monday, March 16, Community Communications Advisory Committee meeting and the Tuesday, March 17, Transportation Committee meeting will be postponed until a later date. All other Town Council and Committee of the Whole meetings will be proceeding as scheduled.
- The Southgate Public Library will be closed until further notice. All programs and room bookings will be cancelled.
- The Southgate Transfer Stations remain open but are no longer going to be accepting Orange Drop materials or Special/Hazardous Waste materials such as paint, oil, antifreeze etc. at this time.
- Bruce County has declared a state of emergency.
- All Bruce County owned outdoor trails are closed until further notice.
- ALL County Office Buildings are closed to the public beginning Monday, March 16. All County Council and Committee meetings scheduled during this time are cancelled
- Long-term care homes Brucelea Haven and Gateway Haven are not taking visitors, except for compassionate reasons.
- Programs offered at the Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre, Bruce County Public Library Branches and the EarlyON Child and Family Centres will be cancelled..
- The Southampton Landfill operations and hours will be modified.
- All playground structures, public washrooms, the Skate Park, BMX Park and Off-Leash Dog Park are closed.
- Recreational facilities including The Plex and Rotary Hall, Centennial Pool, Southampton Coliseum, Southampton Town Hall auditorium, Southampton Curling Club will close until further notice as of Saturday, March 14. All related programming at the facilities is cancelled, including March break programs, public swims and public skating.
- As of Wednesday the municipal office, public works facilities, Saugeen Shores Fire Department and Saugeen Shores Police Service buildings will be closed to the public until further notice.
The Southampton Landfill will remain open. No cash transactions will be permitted and debit tap will be the only accepted form of payment.
- All municipal outdoor playground structures are closed.
- All municipal facilities are now closed.
- Staff will be available by phone and email during normal business hours to ensure continuity of municipal business operations.
- The Waste Management Centre will be closed.
- Municipality of Kincardine has decided to take the precautionary measures of closing the Kincardine Davidson Centre and the Tiverton Sports Centre, effective March 15.
- Human Services Offices in Kincardine are also closed to the public.
- Upcoming March Break programs at the Davidson Centre and Tiverton Sports Centre are cancelled, including Mayhem Day Camp, public skating, shinny, march break swim. Kindergym program is cancelled until further notice.
South Bruce Peninsula
- South Bruce Peninsula has declared a state of emergency
- Sauble Beach, parks and dog parks are closed
- The landfill site is open to contractors with existing accounts only. Curbside pick up continues
- All municipal owned Park Playground Structures are closed.
- Town Hall, Ross Whicher Centre, Wiarton Arena, Sauble Beach Community Centre and the two Fire Stations (operating, but closed to public) will close until further notice
- All rentals of town facilities are cancelled and future rentals will not be booked until further notice.
- Council meeting on March 17 will continue as planned but limited to three members of the public attending. Future council, committee and local board meetings beyond this are cancelled.
- The March Break Program planned and being hosted by South Bruce Peninsula and the Propeller Club next week is cancelled. Full refunds will be processed as soon as possible.
- Town run programs such as public skating, parents and tots skating, shinny hockey, Pickleball, badminton and karate will be cancelled until further notice.
- The Amabel Sauble School is closed.
- The Municipal Administration Office, Paisley Community Centre, Tara Community Centre, Chesley Community Centre, Arkwright Hall, Paisley Treasure Chest Museum, Chesley and Tara Firehall Rental Rooms and Public Works facilities will are closed at this time.
- Arran and Chesley Landfills remain open
- All Municipal programs cancelled until further notice. The impacted municipal events are: Adult, Public, Parent and Tot Skating; Hockey Skills; Exercise Classes; Carpet Bowling; Walking; Arran-Elderslie Youth Forum (March 19, 2020).
Northern Bruce Peninsula
- Municipal facilities are now closed to the public, including Stokes Bay Community Centre, Friendship Club, Lion’s Head Rotary Hall, St. Edmunds Community Centre, Lion’s Head Community Centre and Arena, The Meeting Place and the municipal office.
- Muncipal Office at Lindsay Road 5 is now closed. Staff will continue to conduct business via telephone, email and regular mail from Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- All Municipal Waste Disposal Sites are now closed to the public. Lindsay Waste Disposal will remain open by appointment only to existing account holders.
- All recreational facilities (Mildmay Carrick, Teeswater Culross and Formosa Hall) are closed as of Saturday and facility rentals are cancelled. All March break programming, public skating, senior programs, pickle ball and rentals are cancelled.11 am CLOSED MON AM